Supply chain modernization is now front and center of nearly every conversation in retail and consumer packaged goods (CPG). To drive growth and business innovation, supply chains must be agile enough to cope with disruptions. This was made abundantly clear over the course of the pandemic, as agile supply chains served enterprises by catalyzing new business opportunities in a uber responsive and scalable manner.
A rigid or slow supply chain can have the opposite effect, slowing down – or even running into the ground – a business’ ability to deliver a strong customer experience. Delays and drops in the supply chain result in value leakages that can be a recipe for competitive blind spots and slow reaction to competitive threats.
确保敏捷的供应链, a company must adopt digital innovation that lays the foundation for smart systems and provides visibility, predictability and automatability from one end to the other end of the supply chain.
现代供应链是复杂的, 因为他们与不同的供应商打交道, different customers and various segments with several thousand permutations and combinations. Every transaction depends on the supply chain to be flexible, responsive and fast.
None of these processes and systems is linear in fashion. Often, building a modern supply chain often requires companies to unlearn the traditional model.
- 提高知名度. The question is not just about where my inventory or assets are but how they are performing. You need to ensure visibility into decisions that are made globally across different nodes in the supply chain by different warehouse and factory managers.
- 增加可预测性. Get the insights you need to predict future scenarios based on data, patterns and co-relation. This may require integrating systems that can inform you about weather, seasonality and other variables that impact your company.
- 将见解转化为行动. Ensure timely actions on insights gathered to ensure optimized operations.
- 创建本地化中心. Every geography and region has a unique set of regulations. It’s imperative to enable customization within a standard enterprise framework to make sure you are embarking on the technology solutions that will work best for the specific locations.
- 优化全球化. 构建全球, repeatable processes and systems is key to standardization, but it also puts strain on timely decisions and speed to market.
One can operationalize these frameworks by focusing on culture, behaviors and changes within the organization. 而不是过度关注运营, shift to a more tactical mindset to help infuse the culture with innovative thinking and build an ecosystem to sustain and scale operations.
最后, instead of looking at supply chain initiatives as giant endeavors that are highly centralized, start by prioritizing business problems and deliver in bite-size chunks to provide shorter-term gratification with results in a few weeks, 以月和季度代替年. This will help drive cultural change and shift the organizational mindset so you can identify small but significant problems and solve them quickly to drive the digital innovation agenda.
e尊国际游戏 helps companies make their supply chains more agile – even in the most complex of scenarios. e尊国际 看看e尊国际能如何帮助你.
破皮拉伊 is an Account Director with e尊国际游戏 Consumer Services.